Thursday, May 3, 2007

Long time, no blog!

Ok, ok... I know! It's been nearly a month since I last posted. And you're saying, "WTF? I've gone into f****ing withdrawal... where's my Jaime blog??" A lot has happened since then...

The beach/chaperone trip was great. I really enjoyed spending time with my coz, Meg, and all her friends. Holla, girls! They are all extremely talented and intelligent... makes me hopeful for the future! We had a great time... I'll never do it again... but we had a great time. Bonded, ya know? :D

I was really fortunate to extend my trip by staying with Stuart in Little River. He was my mother's high school sweetheart and he has the cutest grandpuppy, Gracie. Thanks for taking me in, Stuart.

Maria and I patched things up somewhat (re: see post "Is it the full moon?")... been socializing with her a bit more for the past few weeks, though we both agreed that the friendship between us would never be like what it was. Sure makes things easier at work.

Since then, I've been doing the usual... working, sleeping, more work... did I mention work? :D Two words to describe this week: fartin' fantastic! I'm not sure what that means, but it fits perfectly. Somebody add that to Urban Dictionary, please? In southern speak, it's been a "lawng" week. It's been very productive which is always satisfying, but it's been n-o-n-s-t-o-p. Go here, go there, do this now, no do that instead. Meetings up the ying-ying and appointments flying at me out of the blue. The good part is it went by fast.

My friend and co-worker, Edward, has been hitting Craig's List: Asheville to meet new people. He's encouraging me to do the same. Now I've got a new GMail account and a message haunting the Drafts folder... courtesy of E. He's helping me to weed through the riff-raff. In all truth, I'm skittish about meeting someone online simply because I've done it before... among other tapes in my head. E's been encouraging me and been a living example of how "easy" it is. Ha. This persuasion only took three scant months... imagine where I'll be and who I'll be with in 6 months! Thanks, E, for being a real friend. Otherwise, I might have ended up with 20 shih-tzus and a few token kitty kats.

In the category of dreams, I had the best one of all a few nights ago. I dreamt that my friends and I were able to go backstage with Elton John. We were just hanging out, taking photos and generally chillin' with THE man. What a great dream!!! O' to be real! To be true! I am going to see EJ in concert tomorrow night. I AM SO EXCITED! We got great tickets: 5th row, floor on the left hand side. Hot diggity dog! I've said it before and I'll say it again: if EJ weren't gay, I'd so be all over that!! I'd make stalker of the year! The way he caresses a piano and coaxes the melodies out of it is nothing short of paroxysmal excitement.

Now I have to get my beauty sleep. Anything less would be unfair to EJ. (5th row!) More details on Saturday.

J.

No comments: