Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Is it the full moon?

What a strange week this has been! Some things have gone supremely well. The rest... disastrously bad. Is anybody else feeling that?

I had a major riff with a close friend and now she won't talk with me. Here's the gist of it... over the past several months there have been a series of small disappointment stemming from our friendship. I am not a confrontational person by nature, so I usually let things like that slide. This time I didn't. She asked me what was wrong and I answered her truthfully. She didn't like it. I thought I was opening up a line of communication because I thought our friendship was worth it. Now I see our friendship wasn't strong enough to withstand the truth. It's rather sad, but it's also a relief. I feel like I've broken though with myself by being true to myself.

I had the greatest dream last night... one of those dreams that kept me happy all day. No talk of any hoo hoo dilly visiting somebody's cha cha, but it had a sensuous warmth and intimacy that permeated everything. It took place in a brick colonial on a beautiful summer night ~ a house I didn't recognize, but felt totally at home in. In the dream, I was with a guy I know and feel utterly comfortable with. We were both in white bathrobes and just kind of puttering around this house... laughing, talking, exploring. I felt so full of life. I haven't had a dream like this in a while. It keeps me believing love that lasts a lifetime. If only finding it were as easy as dreaming about it!

Work has been a joy lately and quite distracting. We hired a new guy to our team last week and he's already a great asset to our department...

Sometimes I wonder if my ramblings are boring, so I submit this link to keep things lively:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1lDBx1gBww . I absolutely love Ellen Degeneres! She is priceless.

So this week has been all about the meaning of life, what it means to be a true friend and the reality that laughter really is my lifeblood. Happiness is being loved for who you really are. I hope that all who read my blog find a bit of true happiness everyday. :)

No comments: