Sunday, May 6, 2007

Elton John Concert Update

For a full 12 hours after the EJ concert in Greenville, SC, I remained speechless! It was that great. It took me that long to absorb the whole experience. I paid an exorbitant amount of money for the 5th row floor seat, but it was so worth it! Thanks to my friend, Daniel, I got EJ's autograph. Woo-hoo! I plan on laminating it before adding it to my scrapbook.

He performed several songs from Captain and the Kid and a bunch of his classics, like Your Song, Philadelphia Freedom and The Bitch is Back. I'm more in love with him than ever! He did mention that this was the last new album that he would produce. Oh no! I am not sure if I heard that right, being so caught in the glory of his musical genius. I just hope he doesn't stop touring. I plan on going to see his Red Piano Tour in Las Vegas one day soon. He made mention around his 60th birthday bash that he felt better and stronger than ever. :)

Note: This picture was not taken by me. It was a photo I found on Google images when he performed at Boise State last year, same tour. The only negative I have to mention about the concert were the holy roller homophobes outside the venue with their signs of hatred and anti-Christian messages smeared across them. I got so angry that it made me nauseous. Literally, I had to shield my eyes because it upset me so much. They'll find out sooner or later that intolerance, hatred and exclusivity was not any part of Christ's message. 'Nuff said.

In other news, today marks one week since my grandmother's nephew, Robert Pollard, died at the age of 56. He had inoperable lung cancer. He never smoked a day in his life. I met Bobby once, several years ago at a family reunion in Chatham, VA after his mother, Sarah, died. He was very close to my mother (all the cousins were) growing up. I remember him as being very vibrant and full of positivity. He was a good man; I am certain he found his way home quickly!

We (Mom and I) are in process of planning our mini family reunion in Leesburg, VA this July. My grandmother, Lois, and my aunt, Lois Ann, live there. (Holla, Gramme & Lois!) We were going to Connecticut to visit with my sister's in-laws, but that trip is financially prohibitive. It'll be great because 2 of my 3 sisters will be there with their kids and husbands. Wait, what? They each only have one husband. Lol! Mom will get to meet her newest granddaughter, Kiowa Grace, in person. We will be visiting my remaining sister at her home in Collinsville on the way back. From there, I hope to veer west to my Dad's cabin near Wytheville, VA for a few days. This is shaping up to be a great summer vacation!

To wrap up, I want to send a "Holla!" out to my aunt and uncle from Charlotte, Debbie and Fenton. They had their church retreat at Kanuga two weekends ago. I wasn't babysitting this year, but was promised I would be employed again next year. Apparently, the hectic pace was a little too much for the little ones. :)

Peace,
Jaime

1 comment:

Edward said...

Yeah, stick it to the "christians."