Friday, July 25, 2008

Babies, Babies and More Babies!

I look around me and babies are cropping up everywhere! Is it catching? Is it an epidemic? Not hardly! I consider baby creation a blessing!

To give you a quick idea of who in my world is having a baby, take a look at this list ~ in chronological order:

  • Lisa, a sweet co-worker had her baby in June (her second child)
  • Holley, my good friend is due in September (her third child)
  • Shannon, my good friend is due in November (her second child)
  • Marti, my dear sister is due in November (her third child)
When my sister has her third daughter, Gracie Leigh, that will make me an aunt six times over! Wow! I'm excited... a new life comes into the world and brings joy and hope. I look forward to passing on our family's unique perspective to her... one that she will carry on far into the future and hopefully pass on to her children. It's uplifting to think of what she will bring to this world and what kind of footprint she will leave behind her.

It was actually rather comical that my sister is having another girl. I am the youngest of four girls. All my sisters married men who have brothers. You'd think that the odds were excellent for having boys... Nope! My uncle, Fenton, was the last boy born into our family. I'm beginning to think that we're so good at producing girls in this family that we should probably stick with it. We can simply 'marry in' the menfolk...

I know one thing: when a boy IS finally born into my family, I will feel sorry for him. Not only will he be spoiled rotten and be surrounded by beautiful women, but he will never know a moment's peace! The only solution to that problem is to have two boys... spread out the abundance of attention.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that I will be the only one left to have the aforementioned boys. I'll probably end up with a whole gaggle of boys! It's OK because I am getting excellent training as we speak! All of my (immediate) co-workers are men. I have learned so much from them: how to look at situations with a uncomplicated attitude, what's acceptable man behavior and what's not, how to treat women and (best of all) how to walk like a man ~ literally. If there were a degree for such education, I'd certainly be working on my Master's by now. :) Holla ~ Edward, Ken and Sam! Thanks for the schooling!

If you are in the process of making a baby (post-conception stories only, please!), let me know about it by posting a comment to this blog entry. I'd love to hear from you!

Cheers,
J.

No comments: