Monday, July 21, 2008

Dancing Queen

I am coming to the conclusion that the biggest reason cruising is so relaxing is that there is music everywhere you go. Music for me is nearly transcendental! Where there is really good beat music, I love move to it. As the cruise went along, the more I found myself spontaneously and subconsciously moving to the music. On a cruise nobody cares if you're swaying in the breeze! In fact, it's almost expected to see people dancing any time of day or night.

This picture is of Maria and Lena practicing the Salsa lessons we learned one night on the cruise. Salsa dancing seems so easy! Three easy steps! Yeah, right! It's three combinations of three easy steps... and it goes fast! It was so much fun and I am so glad that I experienced it. If only my feet could say the same! I do believe that dancing is good for the mind, body and soul. I don't dance as well as Maria (how does she do that with her hips?!?) but I love feeling the music move through me and expressing that through dance. If you don't believe me, go ahead and try it right now. What? No one is watching! Put on your favorite toe-tapping music and get to it. You'll thank me later. ;)

Cheers,
J.

No comments: