Sunday, July 13, 2008

Shall We Cruise?

This weekend I started blogging about my cruise two weeks ago. Like a little robot I started with Day 1, Day 2, etc. Everything was in chronological order and clearly spelled out. In the wee hours of Sunday morning, I was reading back over those posts and all I could think was, "This is CRAAAAP!" It was so boring and so... predictable. So I am starting over with a fresh twist: I am going to post vignettes of my cruise. Yeah, I said it: vignettes!

They will be out of chronological order and posted here as they bubble up from my memories. I truly believe it will be more interesting that way. If at anytime you'd like clarification or to know when the story happened, feel free to ask. There are simply so many memories from this four day cruise that I know, for certain, this will be an entry-rich blog for some time into the future.

I kick off my cruise vignettes with my most peaceful moment on the cruise ship. One night, while sailing to Cococay, we decided that a midnight swim was in order. I put on my red swimsuit from VS (so I wouldn't get lost in the darkness of night) and we (myself, Maria and the crew) headed to the two pools on deck. I discovered then that they fill the pools and jacuzzis with seawater!

First of all, I love swimming at night. The density of the salt water added an element of mystery. The safety of the pool was ideal. My peaceful moment came later when I went to an upper deck... ostensibly to dry off in the wind. It was simply magical to stand at the railing: feeling the warm breeze all around me and to see the cresting waves the boat made as we sailed on into the night. Ah! It was the best! I'm sure it was in that moment that my stress levels dropped to zero... I hope you can feel it too!

Cheers,
J.


P.S.~ Maria took this great snapshot of me. She really has an eye for photography, doesn't she?

2 comments:

Edward said...

The chronological posting must not be scottish, that is why it is craaaap.

I too am struggling with how to blog my vacation. I may take your advice somewhat. The problem is that if I go out of order, the posts may not relate to each other.

Jaime said...

That's what I thought too... that the posts would be unrelated and leave my readers confused. Luckily, I had a second thought that told me, "Nah! You can do it with a little finesse!" So I figured out that through linking to previous posts and giving a few clues along the way I could randomly post without causing chaos and panic in the streets. I am striving more for the emotion of the the moment rather than how the moments developed. :D
J.