Monday, July 7, 2008

I Work with Geniuses!

As many of you know, I work for Blue Ridge Community College. For the past few years, staff at the college have come together as a team to participate in the Asheville 48 Hour Film Project. Last Friday, I found out that the BRCC team won the entire competition. They took home Best Film. Incredible!

Today I fully understood the enormity of winning this competition. Only 60 of these festivals take place around the world. By winning the Asheville 48 Hour Film Project, the BRCC team goes on to compete internationally!!

The name of the seven minute film is Serial Love. It's genre is comedy. In order to compete, the film has to be written, filmed and edited within exactly 48 hours. That's a tall order! In addition to those requirements, the contestants must also include certain elements such as snippets of dialogue, named characters and/or specific props. It takes a crew of highly talented and extremely creative people to accomplish this feat - not to mention make it look GOOD!

I am so proud to say that I work side by side with these folks. Now everybody else knows what we knew all along: just how terrific these folks are! Bravo!

Note: I'd like to give a special "Holla!" out to Edward, Brent, Jennifer and Katie. Well Done!

Cheers,
Jaime

No comments: