Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cruise Withdrawal!

It's now Wednesday, a full five days after Maria and I said goodbye to the Sovereign of the Seas. The withdrawal of those six carefree days hit me like a ton of bricks today. I'll be writing more about my cruise experiences later, but for now I've got to express this discontent so that I can move on to happier posts.

The best part of the whole cruise was that I came away with a refreshing perspective. I was more like the "me" I used to be when I was growing up... without a lot of the self-consciousness. Glorious! I feel myself slowly slipping back into the "Responsible Jaime" role and there's not much I can do to stop it. That's the main reason you've had so much to read on my blog lately; when I'm utterly relaxed and let loose of the stress I feel inspired to write. More than anything, I am afraid that inspiration will go away again so I am trying to set a habit in motion right now.

As my mother is fond of saying, "It's not the place, it's the person." I know I am ultimately in charge of my happiness... but like everyone else I am stumbling through Life trying to hold onto it. While I was on the cruise, I unintentionally let go of all the rules I live my Life by. Maybe that's only supposed to happen on vacation ~ otherwise, my Life would be chaos! Bottom line: I am trying to figure out how to hold on to that carefree version of myself ~ the one who dreams and who creates ~ while maintaining the everyday reality of my Life. I'm pretty sure I will resurface with a solution, but it just caught me by surprise today. I'm definitely open to suggestions, insight, wisdom of the ages...! Maybe it's as simple as making a list! (Ed. Note: See my post about making lists.) Now let me hear from all of you...

Cheers,
J.

No comments: