Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Life is Good!


This is the "Happy Face" on the Galle Crater, near the Argyre Planitia impact basin on Mars. I am using this image because Life is good!

I'm currently reading The Wisdom of the Enneagram and learning all sorts of new things about myself. According to the the RHETI Sampler on http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/ I am a type 6: The Loyalist. My results also showed strongly for types 2 and 5: The Helper and The Investigator, respectively. The quick test is 80% accurate. The whole point to discovering your personality type is to go past the limitations of your personality and express your true self. It's all about experiencing life, rather than reacting to it. I'm still a novice at it, but I am slowly becoming more aware and learning to be present everyday. Fun!

I had a great boost at work today. I was asked to serve on a hiring committee for an open position there. I asked about the capacity in which I will serve the team, naturally thinking it was for my technical point-of-view. I was told that, in fact, I was chosen for my integrity! Woo-hoo! What a great compliment! I love it! It's interesting because a life theme has recently recurred where I do not trust my judgment... in life situations, people I choose for friends, intimate relationships, seeing the big picture, etc. This almost seemed like a pop quiz for my growth and development: "Jaime, are you going to trust your instincts or not? Well, here's an opportunity! Go for it!" So I am. How could I not go for it? Hence, the happy face!

As for how I decorate my life (the question from my last post), the first thing that pops to mind is reading. There is such a rich texture that is added to my life because I read so much. It's almost like being there. I've always had a big imagination and a well-written story is all I need to travel most anywhere. My favorite is historical fiction, anything ranging from Servant of the Bones by Anne Rice to Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Devereaux. It's no secret that my favorite store is Barnes and Noble. Sometimes I go in just to browse and drink chai tea.

I went to Cocula for lunch today while I was having my MINI washed next door. And what to my wandering eye do I see, but a cute boy sitting in the booth next to me! Lol! He smiled, I smiled... we didn't speak but it was nice exchange. I guess you could say we had lunch together! Haven't had too many moments like that lately, so it was refreshing.

Work is hectic right now, but I am enjoying it. I am looking forward to kicking off my cousin's Spring Break trip in early April. Holla, Megan!! Even if for a weekend, I'm still excited. I haven't spent much quality time with my cousin in a while... she's like my little sister, really. And do I even have to mention the exciting discount shopping opportunities in Myrtle Beach??? Before the trip I am going to have the curls installed into my 'do. Great look, low maintenance. :)

Thanks for reading,
J.

No comments: